Via degli Dei
The Via degli Dei is the historical Italian route itinerary that connects Piazza Maggiore (Bologna) to Piazza della Signoria (Florence) passing through the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines.
This trekking is for all those visually impaired and blind people from all over the world who wish to have fun and will be willing to walk (with proper physical conditions) 130 km in eight days.
Each group will be arranged with at least 8 people (maximum 6 visually impaired and 1 blind per group) and a professional guide accompanied by other 4 volonteer guides appropriately trained to ensure maximum safety to all participants.All guides and accompanying persons took part in the preparatory courses to accompany and support individuals with visual disabilities held in 2017 both in the classroom and in the environment with specialized teachers.
Price per person in a double room:
890,00 euros (minimum 8 people)
First overnight in Bologna and last in Olmo - Vetta le Croci.
Da Bologna a Firenze
8 days - 7 nights
Arrival in Bologna.
Metting in the afternoon with the guide and other participants.
Day 2 - km 22
Departure from Bologna towards Sasso Marconi.
Day 3 - km 24 (19 km if you take the bus)
Sasso Marconi - Monzuno.
Day 4 - km 10,5
Monzuno - Madonna dei Fornelli.
Day 5 - km 17,5
Madonna dei Fornelli - Monte di Fo’ (Santa Lucia).
Day 6 - km 23
Monte di Fo’ - San Piero a Sieve.
Day 7 - km 18,7
San Piero a Sieve - Olmo.
Day 8 - km 10 (km 16)
Olmo - Fiesole.
From Piazza Mino di Fiesole by bus you can easily Florenceby bus.
The price includes:
- Overnight stay with small breakfast in hotels, farmhouses or B&Bs that have signed the regulations for hosting people with visual disabilities;
- Dinners and "lunch basket" (exept the first day);
- Luggage transport between hotels ;
- Professional GAE Guide accompanying the group during the trip;
- Accompanying trainers who will take part in the group and will assist the guide in the accompaniment;
- The tourist tax where required;
- The Via degli Dei Pilgrims' Credential;
- Liability insurance.
The price does not include:
- Single room surcharge;
- Extra food and drinks or other extras;
- The transfer from Florence to Bologna;
- Anything not mentioned in the item "the price includes".
To make a reservation, it is neccesary to fill in the application form and send it to the indicated references.
In order to to arrange diversified groups, the request will be submitted to a technical commission.
Reservations must be made by March 31, 2018 with a deposit of 200 euros and full payment by April 10th upon confirmation that the trekking will be done.